Children with Special Needs Programmes:
Vidyaranya’s programmes for Children with Special Needs act as a channel for providing security, education, nutrition, and health care. With the help of different groups of specialists and stakeholders, we create and compile initiatives to ensure quality of services.
Currently, we are successfully running two initiatives:
- Spruthi Residential School for Mentally Challenged Children, started in 2002, and
- Avakasha Residential School for Mentally Challenged Children, started in 2013
Through these schools, we have effectively impacted 840 beneficiaries. We focus on the overall growth and development of children, and provide:
- Education and training with the support of special educators and 24/7 care takers.
- Basic amenities of food, clothing, and shelter.
- Counselling to help them meet social and emotional milestones.
- Medical assistance to address various health and healing needs
Vidyaranya advocates and promotes the need for the best possible care and support for children with special needs to ensure they stay and participate equally in the society.
We aim to:
- Train children on mundane processes and life skills for everyday sustenance.
- Provide education for intellectual and development learning and participation.
- Provide shelter, food, and medical facilities and connect them to specialized services.
- Provide vocational trainings on IQ to stimulate inclusive in the society.
SPRUTHI RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL FOR MENTALLY CHALLENGED CHILDREN.
# 129, Lalitha Bhavan, Mandur, Virgonagar (Via), Bangalore East, Bangalore-560049.
AVAKASHA RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL FOR MENTALLY CHALLENGED CHILDREN
Channarayapattana, Hassan District.