Vidyaranya is a non-profit organisation with a mission to provide children, women as well as the elderly with holistic engagement and empowerment programs to enable equitable growth in the society and ensure dignified as well as healthier lives for them.
Registered under the Karnataka Societies Registration Act of 1960, Vidyaranya has catered to over a thousand individuals across Mandur, Bengaluru, Hassan and Ramanagar. In 1991, Founder M.C Ramesh along with his fellow colleagues, started the organisation in Mandur with a dream to work for the greater good and have ever since pursued this dream to make a difference in the lives of individuals and create reformed social order. Currently, Vidyaranya is operating in Bangalore Urban, Ramanagar and Hassan Districts.
Vidyaranya’s primary focus is on educating as well as engaging children with special needs, empowering women and young girls and securing overall well-being of the elderly. It has also been moving towards executing multiple development programs and initiatives to spread awareness on education, health, environment, socio-economics, ecology and culture emphasising on the betterment of humanity for the future.
We aim to expand our network and impart development programs for a balanced and inclusive growth of society.
Our Renowned Awards and Recognition include:
- Best Service Providers for Differently-Abled Children – Karnataka State Award.
- Best NGO Award for Excellence Service to the Community by Rotary Club Bangalore.
- Recognition for Social Service to Humanity – Buddha Shanthi Award.
- Sadbhavana Seva Award by Akhila Karnataka Sadbhavana Association.
- Certificate of Appreciation for Social Services to the Differently Abled by Christ University.
- Accreditation for desirable norms & CSR HUB in TISS, Mumbai by Credibility Alliance, New Delhi.
All women, men, and children have the basic right to dignity and self-determination and everyone should have the opportunity as well as the choice of enhancing their own potential and well-being.
Principles Of Working
Vidyaranya’s efforts are channelised towards working with the most marginalised groups in society. Our approach revolves around holistically integrating and empowering the beneficiaries in different aspects of their lives.
Geographical Area Covered
Vidyaranya is operating its activities in Bangalore Urban, Ramanagar and Hassan Districts.