Children Home Bangalore
Vidyaranaya Children Home Bangalore
Our organization has been implementing Children Home Bangalore at Chikkaballapur Road, OPP: RTO Office, Near Sree.Gayathri Hotel, Devanahalli-562110, Bangalore Rural District and supporting 50 children who are orphans, street children, begging children, single parent children, children of addicted parents, slum children etc.
About the target children
The children relentlessly scavenge rags, beg on the streets of city and live day after day on leftovers, even as others their age enjoy years of schooling. Either orphaned or abandoned by their parents. With no access to bare necessities of food, Home or even clothing, education to these children has been a distant dream. The children of rag pickers, beggars, slum dwellers and sex workers among others, they have been ‘invisible’ for years.
These children would be trained for 10 months in the centre, till they acquire the minimum competence to be enrolled mainstreamed into government schools
Identifying children in difficult situation
- Providing access to education to the target children
- Providing food, Home, medical care
- Providing counseling
Staff such as Project Coordinator, Home Managers, Counsellor, Social Mobilizer, House mothers, Documentationist, Accountant, Security personnel.
Identification of children
The field staff is identifying the target children in the operational areas and contacts them on one-to-one basis and talks to them and understands their situations and motivates them to come to our centre. In the centre, Counsellor counsels them and helps to avail benefits in the centre.
Programs and activities
Identifying all children in need of care and protection particularly orphans, single parent children, slum children, beggars, street and working children, rag pickers, small vendors, street performers, orphaned, deserted, trafficked and run-away children, children of migrant population and any other vulnerable group of children
- Using of innovative child friendly approaches in the Home
- Using techniques like music, drama, story-telling, outings and other child friendly methodologies to attract and sustain the interest of the children
- Providing quality toilets, lockers for children to keep their belongings, washing facilities, recreational facilities both indoor and outdoor, etc
- Maintaining standards of care and children are encouraged to participate in the activities of Home
- Preparing Individual Care Plan for each child
We have 50 children in need of care and protection who are beggars, street and working, rag pickers, street performers, orphaned, deserted, trafficked children and other vulnerable group of children.