VKH RAINBOW HOME BANGALORE
“Vidyaranya” has established a rainbow home for vulnerable girl children at Medahally, K.R.Puram Hobli, Bangalore. Later VKH Rainbow Home shifted to Govt. Model Primary School, Kodihalli, HAL 2nd Stage, Bangalore-56008 on 30th May 2012 with the help of Partnership Foundation, Netherlands. It is called Vidyaranya Kodihalli Rainbow Home (VKH Rainbow Home).
To ensure safe and happy childhood of vulnerable children on street to help them access Protection, Education, Nutrition and Health Care.
- To providing comprehensive care & support in voluntary and open homes set up in functional schools, there by ensuring child rights
- Partnering & sensitizing with government of Capacitating to make them accountable.
- Empowering children to actively participate in their development to take charge of their lives.
- Ensuring partnership of family and civil society to contribute in Re-integration of children into society
- Bringing together children from diverse social and economic background and with or without families.
The children who are vulnerable situations like begging, victims of trafficking, single parent who are not afford to look after their children, children of addicted parents, sexually abused etc are identified and assessed and through the Admission Committee admitted into the rainbow. Immediately after the admission into rainbow home, the children are admitted into Govt. Model Primary School, Kodihalli and based on the Head Master’s opinion, the child is provided bridge course in the rainbow home alone.
There are 13 staff are working in this programme on various capacities. The staff comprise of Project In-charge, Home Management Coordinator, Home Manger-1, Home Manager 2 -cum-Teacher, Social Mobilizer, Documentationist, Office Assistant, House Mothers and Security –cum-Watchman.
Collaboration with Government
Our organization has been collaborating with Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan, Bangalore and Department of Education, Government of Karnataka in availing the unused rooms in the Government school to use as a home for these target children.
Right now we have 60 girl children at rainbow home and 47 girl children are doing their pre-school (anganawadi to 7th Grade in Govt. Model Primary School, Kodihalli and 13 girls in Dr.B.R.Ambedkar High School at, Kodihalli, Bangalore-560008.
The following facilities are available
– Training on leadership, cultural activities and extra curricular activities
Rainbow is a novel programme and it is not a project and we are intend to reach 100 girl children who are in need stage by stage.